Sign up for the Philly for Bernie newsletter on the homepage and get weekly updates about local Bernie news and upcoming events
Join the Philly for Bernie slack (message us to get the link)
For conversations about organizing, as well as fun & moral support.
• Join the channel for your neighborhood.
• Join any working group channels that interest you, such as outreach, policy, design, data, events planning, etc.
Find us on Facebook
• “Like” the Philly for Bernie 2020 Facebook page
• Join the Philly for Bernie 2020 group
• Join Philly for Bernie neighborhood and/or student group (Penn, Drexel, Temple, South Philly, North Philly etc)
Find us on Twitter @phl4bernie
Find us on Instagram @phillyforbernie2020
Come to an organizing meeting
• Citywide meetings are 6:30-8:30pm every 2nd Thursday.
• Regional group meetings are 6:30-8:30pm every 4th Monday.
Attend an event
• Find events near you at map.berniesanders.com
• See events on the Philly for Bernie 2020 Facebook pages
• Philly DSA is canvassing on behalf of Bernie and other local progressives every weekend until the April 28 primary. Check phillydsa.org/events for details.
Host an event
We would love to help you organize a phonebank, tabling, or canvassing event. berniesanders.com/host
Take a Bernie Journey to another state to get out the vote
Questions? Email us at phillyisberning [at] gmail.com
WHAT IT IS:
The Bernie Block Captain Program is a coordinated effort to make sure that our Philly 4 Bernie volunteers (aka all of us) are canvassing the people who are literally closest to us.
WHAT IT’S NOT:
Only for homeowners or those who live in single-family homes – we want as many renters and apartment/condo dwellers to participate as possible! We’ll have special stickers for Bernie Building Captains to put on their apartment/condo doors.
It is not in any way associated with the City of Philadelphia’s block captain program, though we do appreciate the name-inspiration.
HOW IT WORKS:
First, sign up to be a Bernie Block Captain using this Google form. We will then reach out to you via email to verify your home address.
Once verified, we will mail you a Bernie Block Captain sticker to put on your Bernie window or lawn sign so that your neighbors know that you are a trusted resource if they want to learn more about Bernie!
We’ll email you a few times a month leading up to Pennsylvania’s primary election at the end of April. Assuming Bernie wins the nomination, we’ll then keep emailing you throughout the summer reminding you to canvass your block and checking on how you’re making progress. Then starting in September we’ll ramp things up and start checking in once a week.
We’ll be your resource for any Bernie literature your neighbors ask you for and will help answer any questions that you aren’t sure about or just don’t feel comfortable asking.
If you want to hold a house party for your block, we’ll even send someone to speak!